Aged Care Activities
Our Leisure and Lifestyle Co-ordinator runs an interactive monthly program of fun aged care activities that cater to the leisure-related interests of our residents, including:
- Allowing residents to continue to pursue their personal hobbies and interests, where possible.
- Enabling residents to maintain a connection with their leisure communities. For example, if a resident was a former lifeguard, s/he can continue to be part of that community, with our support.
- Weekly bus trips, including lunch outings such as fish and chips or a trip to the local club.
- Arts and craft, and cooking classes.
- Exercise classes, including Tai Chi, yoga and physical games such as chair tennis, bowling, golf and gardening.
- Bingo and card games.
- Reminiscence, group discussions and news/quiz sessions.
- Church services/clergy visits and holy communion.
- Movie sessions.
- Sing-along and other forms of entertainment from the broader community.
- Pamper sessions such as nail care.
- Recognition of cultural days, such as ANZAC Day.
- Celebrations such as Birthdays and Happy Hour.
- Individual activities, such as wheelchair walks to the beach, personal conversations, and emotional and psychological support.
- Extensive in-house library of hard copy books, talking books and DVDs. The local library also provides a monthly service catering to individual readership preferences.
- An annual Christmas concert involving a variety of performers.
- Monthly resident meetings.
Our residents and their families have some glowing things to say about us:
“The Byron Aged Care staff are so friendly. They always go the extra mile.”
“There’s such a lovely, friendly atmosphere at Byron Aged Care and the staff are so organised.”
“I’m so impressed by the individual attention and care I receive at Byron Aged Care.”
“Mum and I often reflect on the following – you can pay someone to do a job, but you can’t pay someone to give so freely of their love and kindness. That comes from the heart of the beautiful people who look after her at Byron Aged Care on a daily basis. We can’t recommend the home highly enough.”