Access To Our Aged Care Facilities

Accessing Our Aged Care Facilites

At Byron Aged Care we want to be as helpful as possible in ensuring you or your loved one can access our aged care facilities. Below is some important information on the types of aged care and how to receive access to an aged care facility.

Types of Aged Care

There are many different types of Aged Care facilities, including:

  • Community-based, non-profit facilities managed by a community-based Board of Management, such as Byron Aged Care
  • Private companies, which may seek to make a profit
  • Facilities run by churches or welfare bodies, such as the RSL

Gaining Access to Aged Care Facilities

Before being granted admission to an Aged Care facility, all prospective residents, including respite residents, must be assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).

  • Call ACAT on 1300 884 850
  • Call the Tweed ACAT team which looks after the Byron district on 07 5536 8283

ACAT assessors provide an ACCR (Aged Care Client Record) which gives the Government and the Aged Care facility approval for residential care.

To learn how to access permanent residential or respite care, what to expect, and the associated costs, visit

Aged care glossary

For a glossary of aged care terms, head here.

Our residents and their families have some glowing things to say about us:

Scroll to Top