COVID-19 Update 24/03/20
Following the advice of the Australian Government on the 22/03/20 surrounding the current status of COVID-19, we have implemented further measures to protect all clients and staff of Byron Aged Care.
These added measures are in addition to those already in place and are as follows:
- Effective immediately we are stopping all resident outings and excursions of all nature including those with family. If families, friends or visitors do not adhere to these regulations an incident report will be filed, and it will be escalated to the Alzheimer’s Queensland CEO and the Director of Care.
- We have limited visits to one visitor per client, for 1 hour per day.
- From the 1st May 2020, all visitors must have a recent flu vaccination to enter any Byron Aged Care property and/or interact with any of our clients as per the Australian Government’s instruction. For further information on this, please visit: https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au
- Byron Aged Care will only transport 1 client per car to critical and necessary appointments to adhere to the Australian Government social distancing regulations.
- For those with loved ones in palliative care, please speak with your Director of Care for individualised information.
- As all outings, excursions and contractors are cancelled from coming into Byron Aged Care residential homes, we will seek to increase the ‘in house’ leisure and lifestyle hours to protect the mental health of our residents.
Our priority is to protect our clients who are most at risk during this time and we appreciate your cooperation in adhering to the safety standards in place. If you have any further queries, please contact your Centre Manager or Director of Care.
For further information please contact:
Bess Brennan, Marketing & Media Manager
[email protected] or 0438 438 893