RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES BYRON AGED CARE. (Leisure and Lifestyle)
Leisure & Lifestyle Coordinator, organises gardening, Byron Theatre outings, events, games, non-denominational church services, weekly (wheelchair access) bus trips, movies, concerts, indoor games, arts and crafts, pamper classes, hairdressing.
See (below) Monthly Activities sheet which every resident receives.
Recreational activities at Byron Aged Care:
Leisure and Lifestyle Co-ordinator provides a Monthly Program to all residents based on their leisure interest.
- Bus outing weekly (often with lunch like fish and chips or the club).
- Arts and craft and cooking classes.
- Exercise class including Tai Chi and Yoga and physical games such as Chair Tennis, Bowling, Golf and Gardening.
- Bingo and Card games.
- Reminiscence, group discussion and News/Quiz sessions.
- Church services/Clergy visits and communion.
- Movie sessions.
- Sing along and other entertainment from the wider community.
- Pamper sessions (nail care).
- Recognition of cultural days (Party Days, Anzac Day, etc., and Happy Hour).
- Individual activities – Wheelchair walks to the beach, conversation & emotional support and other needs.
- BAC’s own large Library of normal and large print books and DVDs plus talking books and the local library offers a monthly service for individual preferences.
- Presents a Christmas concert each year with a variety of performers.
- Residents meetings (monthly).